Monday, November 27, 2006

Giving thanks for Toronto

Today, I was browsing Toronto Craigslist classifides . The first dress I came upon was an amazing find-every bad fashion trend of the 80's combined here in one dress . The ad called this "amazing vintage." I find it amazing that someone bought it in the first place, and even more amazing that this someone thinks anyone else would spend money on it.






Even more exciting, this wonderment of Canadian design (I can only assume such ugly was made in Canada), came complete with alternate views and close ups. Notice the lovely ginormous rose pinned lovingly on your hip. Perfect for covering up stains, lipstick, and bulging thighs. Oh, and the beautiful puff sleeves! How better to spend an evening than to be a walking safety hazard.



I think the fake pearls give it a particular sense of elegance..don't you? And all for the low low price of $50. A true bargain.

I was getting giddy with what wedding dress wonderful blunders Toronto's Craigslist might hold, when to my great surprise, I came upon a real treasure trove of absolutely beautiful wedding dresses for sale. (I have emailed the owner of the ad to find out who the designer is.


The ad describes these beauties as "made in Italy." True or not, whoever designed these deserves more credit than Craigslist obscurity.

Dress 1:








I am absolutely awed by this dress: so simple, and yet so beautiful. The clean lines and form right away made me think Jackie O, and how refreshing to see some other neckline than strapless. And the color? Love the subtle pinkish hue. I almost don't even want to say anything about it-I really think it speaks for itself. The ad claims it was bought for $1300, but they are willing to take $100!!! $100, that is only $50 less than the first dress!!



Dress 2:


This past season, there have been a lot of these sashed dresses going around. The standard dress is a strapless white gown, with a wide sash-possibly a tan color, or a wine red, and today, I even saw a bright blue one. Although I have never been a fan of the sash, I love this twist. Love the sleeve, love the clean line, love the color, love the sash theme on the sleeve.

The ad offers the dress for $200! It's hard to stop myself from buying these. Maybe I should just in case.....

No comments: